The last newsletter introduced MCH-Cal® as the key ingredient in Abundant Health Bone Plus (https://www.abundant.co.nz/products/bone-plus-for-healthy-bones-3-pack/. This edition we look closer at MCH-CAL to help understand why it is an important part of maintaining bone density.
MCH-CAL® – Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Calcium
- MCH-Cal is a 100% natural microcrystalline hydroxyapatite calcium protein complex that supports optimal bone mineral composition and overall bone health.
- MCH-CAL contains all the natural elements of healthy bone including the essential minerals calcium and phosphorous, growth factors, type I collagen, glycosaminoglycans and a broad range of other trace elements.
Biologically Active Growth Factors
Growth factors are small biologically active proteins that influence numerous physiological functions. In bone, research has shown that several growth factors have an important role to play in bone remodeling activity. Insulin like growth factors (IGF) and transforming growth factors (TGF) seem to have particular importance in the maintenance of healthy bone.
Type I Collagen
Type I collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and the predominant collagen found in adult bone. As the building block for all the body’s major systems, collagen builds and supports bone matrix and repairs connective tissue. MCH-Cal is a great source of type I collagen containing 20% on average.
Specialised analysis of MCH-Cal confirms the presence of 18 separate amino acids, including hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine which are specific to collagen and especially important for collagen production. For every gram of MCH-Cal consumed, 200 mg of type I collagen is delivered.
Bioavailable Microcrystalline structure
MCH-Cal contains a minimum of 24% calcium and 10% Phosphorous (the ideal physiological ratio of 2:1) in a microcrystalline structure that enhances absorption and bioavailability.
Functions of MCH-Cal®
- 24% calcium helps to meet daily nutritional requirements where dietary deficiencies exist.
- Biologically active growth factors, collagen and other bone proteins help to promote optimal bone health and provide valuable supportive nutrition to hormone replacement therapy.
- Range of trace minerals as well as glycosaminoglycans provide all the nutrients found in healthy bone matrix.
Abundant Health Bone Plus
Bone Plus is a multi-mineral supplement formulated to help maintain bone mineralisation by providing the minerals, collagen and bone growth factors needed for healthy bone development.
Bone Plus is a blend of MCH-CAL® plus vitamins and minerals needed for optimal bone development. Bone Plus combines MCH Cal® with Vitamin D and Vitamin K2 needed for bone mineralisation. Bone Plus includes a natural Marine Magnesium extracted from sea water. This is to help bones but also those restless legs and cramp at night.
Who should take Bone Plus?
- This is ideal bone support for those with low bone density or those, especially post-menopausal women who are at higher risk of developing low bone density.
- As a general multi-Mineral boost for several issues including Restless Legs, poor sleep or who for dietary reasons need extra minerals.
Bone Plus ingredients:
Each 2 capsules (daily dose) contain:
MCH Cal® 1000mg
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 1000IU
Vitamin K2 (menaquinone MK-7) 90mcg
Magnesium (from 400mg Marine Magnesium) 132mg (net)
Dosage: 2 capsules daily preferably in the evening or before bed.
Bone Plus can be taken by itself. For best results combine with Abundant Health Cell eXtra.
Feel free to contact me for personalised advice or if you have questions.
John Arts (B.Soc.Sci, Dip Tch, Adv.Dip.Nut.Med.) is a nutritional medicine practitioner and founder of Abundant Health. If you have questions or need help you can contact John 0800 423559. You can email John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the health advice given through this column is for general educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any health problem. © John Arts 2023